Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

A "first" I guess??????

So, as you can all see, my beautiful friend Jill is growing very fast! The last few times we saw her she had the same pair of pants on because it was ALL that fit her! Finally I told her.......that's it! We are going maternity clothes shopping ASAP! I cant stand to see those pants on you one more time!!!! So Saturday I picked her up and off to the Eden Prairie Center we went! First stop was Old Navy. We found some super cute jeans, a shirt and a pair of carpi's. Now let me elaborate......we are in the dressing room together and as she puts the size on that she would normally grab (and that would last her entire pregnancy) they fit great! She looks ridiculously adorable in them and we were really happy! Then it dawned on me............she is 11 weeks and they fit perfect!!! So..............we opted to grab 1 size bigger and hope they still fit this spring. And let me be clear.....its ALL in her tummy! So cute!
Well as we were shopping Jill got really hot so I suggested that she just leave the short sleeve shirt on that we planned on buying and we would just cut the tag off after the lady scanned it. So we were just getting ready to leave and were checking the rack one more time when a very nice lady noticed that Jill was wearing the same shirt that she was looking at. She says to Jill " that shirt looks so cute on you" (which it did) Jill says thanks and then it started......... "So how far along are you"? Jill answers "11 weeks". The nice lady says "oh my goodness, I'm 15 weeks and you cant even tell"! Now I need to jump in and rescue my friend so I say " yes, but she is carrying twins" To which the lady looks at Jill and says "Oh my gosh! Are you so excited??!!" And for the first time, Jill says......." well they are actually hers" and points to me. I'm sure you can imagine the look on the ladies face! It was pretty cute and funny as well. She was very nice and said "congrats" and we all went on our way. This happened one more time at another store. Really fun memory that I will take away from all of this. On a side note.......we rocked on our shopping day and I had such a fun day with Jill!

1 comment:

  1. Fun!!! I love shopping for maternity clothes. you are going to look fabulous as usual. Love you girl!
    Hi Denise! I know I haven't met you,YET, but I am so excited for you and your husband. Have fun showing off your baby vessel! Keep the Faith! Love it!! :)

    Steph(not Chad) ;)

    ReplyDelete