Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Love the extended family!

This past Sunday was a real fun day! Little Sam took his 1st Communion, so of course, it's a great reason for a big ol' family gathering! Kurt and I & all our kiddos were there as well. It was a beautiful day out & we had a ton of DELICIOUS food...and of course~ great company! It was so nice to see all of the "grandmas & grandpas" & "aunts & uncles"...it had been a while since we (Kurt & I) had seen them. It was such a relaxing day, the kids (alot of kids!) were all really well behaved, which allowed us adults to get into some good conversations...just so nice!
I tell ya what~you talk about a family just counting you as one of their own...Jeff & Denise's families epitomize that. Love them!
Oooh, & a couple of them were even able to feel little Justin & Jillian kickin' around~really fun! There were alot of hands "vying" for the best spot on the belly when they started movin' around, it was pretty funny! I think Denise's sister would sit with her hands on my belly all day if we'd let her! Ha! Very sweet, they all love these little babies so much~ I CANNOT wait for them to meet them!
Oh, cute story...when we were at the church Kurt, the kids & I sat in the pew behind Jeff, Denise and their family. Jeff was holding Brooke. She saw us, tapped Jeff & pointed at us. He said something like "yep, the Dahmens are here" and she says back to him as she points at me (or my belly) "NO, OUR BABIES!!!" How cute is that?!
23 wks and a couple days...another dr. appt. next week.

2 comments:

  1. BTW----- I would sit with my hands on your belly all day long... It was so neat to be able to feel those little ones kick. I talked about it all night long to Seth! thanks for letting us all do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blessed day!! How wonderdful!!

    ReplyDelete