Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

3 most commonly asked ?'s.

So, here we are 33wks and holdin' steady. Nothing too exciting going on pregnancy wise...which is good. The babies continue to be real active & not to "beat a dead horse", both heads up :(. There is still time for them to flip, I'm not giving up hope & I'm asking you not to either, please keep praying! I would be curious to know what it would be/feel like to carry these sweet little twins when both of their heads weren't under my rib cage! My 5yr old, Grace, will ask me in the morning..."mommy, are the babies heads in your ribs today?!"...ah, so compassionate! People are always asking me 3 different questions & so I thought I would share them with you...
1.) Does it feel different carry twins -vs- a single?
Yes. It does. My stomach is much tighter, as you can imagine. There isn't any "manuevering" around it, I can't shift it to the side even just a little bit, NO GO! There is generally something always going on in there, with a singleton you can feel their awake and sleep times but with 2 it seems that someone is always awake (Im gonna miss that!). When I lay on my side it does feel like my stomach may just tear right off of my body...its heavy, heavier than I've ever experienced before!

2.) How are you feeling?
All in all...real good. I have no swelling, which is strange~ I ALWAYS retain water and for some reason, that hasn't begun yet this pregnancy. I'm sleeping good at night, which is great! I get tired mid afternoon and usually need to take a rest when my kiddos lay down but then am able to stay up quite late, so that's nice because I can have alone time with Kurt. A couple minor inconveniences are that my ribs are sore from their heads, but at least it's just the left side rib cage since that is where they have decided to park their sweet little heads! And then there is my back...I'll be honest, it hurts. The pain isn't continual, some days Im fine and other days the pain can get intense enough to actually make me sweat. It appears that it is just from baby positioning, which is good because like I said- it's not all day, every day.

3.) How do you think you will be after this is all over?
Hmmm...this post has gotten a bit lengthy already, so I'm gonna save that answer for my next blog entry.

Today we are off to the dr. again for the babies weekly biophysical profiling and non-stress test. We're assuming everything will be status quo, no reason to believe otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment