Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

30wks!




We had an appt. today, it was simply an OB check, no ultrasound. Well, a quick little ultrasound...that is how they check the heart rates for the babies at our clinic. So, we did get a peek at them and the little buggers are both breech/transverse, ie. NOT HEAD DOWN! Jillian has her head tucked behind Justins...how is that possible?! Although, let me tell you...mind you Im not trying to complain~just stating a fact here, I am NOT surprised that their 2 little heads are together because from time to time they like to stick them up in my RIB CAGE and well, you can imagine what that feels like! Maybe you can't imagine...pretty much feels like my rib is gonna break, is THAT possible? Thankfully, it ISN'T a constant thing, so it's managable! Anyways, appt today just reiterated that this pregnancy is completely "status quo", boring, no news which is good news, right? Along with the obvious which is watching the babes progression and developement, one of the concerns with this pregnancy is Pre-eclampsia. To be real honest I can't even tell you EXACTLY what it is right now, (it's late and I'm tired ;))BUT, what I can say is that it isn't good...it effects the pregnant womans kidneys , potentially shutting them down. Right out of the gate we knew that I would be at a higher risk for Pre-eclampsia for 3 reasons 1.)my age (whatever!!!) 2.)twin pregnancy 3.)not my DNA....the only cure for this is delivery SO, it is something that is on our "radar" (obviously). The reason I tell you this is because when I have a good blood pressure reading it is our reassurance that we are steering clear of this and today I "turned in" my best blood pressure reading yet! That was pretty exciting!
We will go back to doc in 2wks and at that time we will have an in depth ultrasound (those are always fun!), and we will also start our WEEKLY non-stress tests and bio physical profilings. I've never experienced either one of those so that'll be something new.
Quick prayer request...please pray that one of the babies turns head down (for obvious reasons), listen...I knew signing up for this that a c-sec was VERY much a possibility and if that's the way it turns out Im sure it'll be just fine. BUT, several things would change if we were able to have a natural delivery. SO, please pray for that? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Jill, you look great! Although the pic from the front doesn't even look real... :)

    I'm sooo thankful that there isn't pre-eclampsia!! I had that pregnant with Blake - and it is scary and awful! I will be praying for one of the babes to turn for ya!! <3

    ReplyDelete