Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pumping, pumping and more pumping!

I thought I would share an update on how I'm doing with inducing lactation. I think, its going pretty well! I am now in the pumping phase of the protocol so I'm pumping every 2 to 3 hours during the day and so far, I'm pumping 12 ounces per day. I know that doesn't sound like much but when I first started, I was pumping about 1 ounce in 24 hours so its really increasing! My goal is 20 to 30 ounces per day(I would like to be able to meet half of their needs) which is very achievable! Its been a huge commitment but to see all the milk I have stored in the freezer has really helped me to see that it has all been worth it. For all of you who have thought how cool for her....she will have these babies and didn't need to gain any weight. Nope.........I have put on 25lbs thanks to the meds from this protocol. I must admit and Jill can back me as she was the one who heard it all.....I was pretty shell shocked about the weight gain. It didn't matter what I ate, I just kept gaining. And let me add......we all know because of what Jill is doing for me that she is a good friend but she also let me complain to HER about MY weight gain!!! She was VERY supportive and just kept telling me it would be well worth it in the end. And she was very right. Not only will the nutritional benefit be great for the babies but also the bonding that comes with breast feeding.I think it is so amazing that I'm able to do this with out giving birth. It gives me a physical connection to Justin and Jillian that I'm really looking forward to. I cant wait! And I wont have to wait very long either.....30 weeks has come and will soon be gone! Before I know it they will be in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment