Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

20wks!

I cannot believe that we are already at 20wks! This has been flyin' by! I have been feeling GREAT for several weeks now. My energy level has even been very impressive, I haven't been feeling tired during the middle of the day. I will still spend about an hour (when the kids are resting) JUST SITTING, with my feet up. Evidently, even if I don't "feel" the need for it, its suppose to help in the later part of the pregnancy if I do this now.
My belly growth has been slow paced for the last month, I feel. In the last week or so, I have been feeling the "stretching pains"...so, maybe I'm getting ready for a growth spurt. Cute story...we haven't told Griffin (my 2yr old) that there are babies in my tummy or anything like that, I don't think he'd really get it anyways & it's not as if we are preparing him for babies to "come home". So anyways, the other day he lifts up my shirt, touches my belly and says "Mommy...You got a 'berry big' tummy", gee, thanks Grif!
The babies have been very active and that has been fun to experience! I can feel when Justin has the hiccups or when Jillian is rolling around. At times, they kick so hard that my shirt moves! They are each in different "quadrants" of my belly so its been easy to differentiate between the two so far. I'm seeing a pattern in their active times...6am, Justin is always moving, both are active during the "typical" 9pm time & most nights at around midnight I can feel Jillian, sometimes both of them. Their movement is a much welcomed sensation, for ALL of us. Its something that I'll never grow tired of feeling and I'm sure something that Denise & Jeff will never tire of hearing about.
I've got some of the best friends in the world...my girlfriends (& their husbands) have been so supportive. They don't even care that these babies are not mine, they always ask about them, "rub" them (a couple will even "talk" to them!), are always concerned with how I'm feeling and always inquiring how Jeff & Denise are doing as well. One of my good friends has made mention that after the little ones are born I'll have to make an occasional "appearance" with them~everyone loves these little babies! They are gonna have so much love, they aren't gonna know what to do with it all!!! I need to say thank you to all of you who show your love & support during this very unconventional time!
Kurt and I were out the other day and saw a young couple with a little set of twins (so cute!), we were both like..."awww, that's gonna be Jeff & Denise!" & then we talked and decided we should have put something in writing in reference to a "visitation schedule"~Ha! I'm joking! But seriously, we love these little ones and look forward to meeting them and spending lots of time with them...like another set of "aunt & uncle"!

2 comments:

  1. Ran across this blog after having joined my sisters blog- she has gone thru 12 misscarriages adn is now pregnant with twins- AMAZING Story! But I must share something that bothers me about the surrogate- Enjoy every minute of this and quit worrying about how big you are getting. Why did you do this? To give something of yourself to somone who needed you RIGHT?....Every time you post you make reference to the fact that you "haven't grown that much" or that you body has adjusted to their being two: or that you "just aren't that hungry". like you are trying to convince everyone as well as yourself that you aren't big. YOU ARE CARRYING TWINS _ WHO CARES HOW BIG YOU ARE- ALL that matters is that their are two healthy babies growing inside of you- the rest is just vanity- sorry but this hit home for me and I have hopes that you will begin focussing on the blessing as opposed to your appearance. My sister has gained 45 lbs and is in her 6 month. Every single pound is a blessing to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment is to the anonymous writer....

    I being the sister like you would think you would understand how nice it is for us to be able to read about every little detail! These babies are our family and this women is carrying the for my sister and her husband! I don't get to talk to my sister about her weight gain or you food cravings like you do! All i have is what Jill has been so kind to share with us! I can't believe you look at what she has posted as complaining! I guess me being a mother of 3 relate to what Jill has been sharing and don't look at any of it as complain! She is a wonderful women who is caring TWO not One But TWO babies for someone else! Yet you think she is complaining! I am pretty sure a women you offers to carry her best friends babies for nothing but because she wants to see her and her wonderful husband be able to have a baby together wouldn't be complaining she would be sharing what she is feeling and thinking with the Parents of these babies! Your post was very hard for me because it saddens me because this is a great and wonderful time for our family! And the way i feel is if you didn't have something nice to share with us then don't say anything at all and stop reading the blog! I mean are you having a bad day!?!?!?!? I could go on and on however i feel like i should have to! I wish the best for your sister as having a baby let alone two is a great blessing which Jill is very aware of being a mother herself!!!!!

    ReplyDelete