Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Inducing Lactation....and so much more!

I had a consultation yesterday with my OBGYN who also practices out of the same clinic as Jill's doctor. It was fantastic! First we addressed my want to breastfeed the babies and we talked about the protocol I will follow to do so. She prescribed me the two meds I need to begin taking and was very supportive and believes I will be very successful and bringing in my milk. How cool right!?! We also talked about what Jeff and I can expect on delivery day. Its crazy how many more things you need to think about when its twins vs. one baby. All in all it was a great appointment and I was very pleased with all that we talked about. I ordered my meds and will start them as soon as they arrive! (the longer you are on them the better) I have a question for anyone who would like to answer........what was your experience like with having had a
c section? Jill and I have only delivered vaginally and being there are two babies her chance of having a c section increases. Share with us your experience and recovery........it would be helpful!

As far as Jill goes.............she has the cutest little "baby bump" you have ever seen in your life!!! I know its early but it VERY clearly there!!! We have our first prenatal appointment on Tuesday. Hoping to hear some strong little heart beats!

3 comments:

  1. I have never had a c-section but I do have a question/comment about breast feeding.
    When our youngest was born we couldn't get the hang of breastfeeding. I was crushed thinking she wouldn't get what the rest of my babies got. My milk dried up and after a month or so I heard about fenegreek (i know I killed that spelling. I started taking it and was able to bf her until she was 6 months old.
    Just a thought for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment comes up on my husbands google acct. I had a c-section. I got sick after they numbed me up, but I am closterphobic and they said that it's normal. Afterwards it wasn't too bad. I had to show the older kids my stitched cut so they new not to jump on me or bump it because that hurt. The worst part of it for me is the skin hang over that I was blessed with after having my 4th. The recovery wasn't as bad as people told me it would be. I did get an infection though and ended back in the hospital 4 days after I had her, but after antibiotics I was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inducing lactation....I told my sister about this and she had never heard of it. Pretty great!!! Good luck on Tuesday! I'll be praying! Someone call me!

    ReplyDelete