Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

So...how ya feelin'?

This "ain't my first rodeo", ya know what I mean? I've done this pregnancy thing five times before...FIVE times! I would anticipate having a pretty good grip on what's in store for me this time around. Now, granted...I have never been a gestational surrogate before. So, I've never had the privilege of daily drugs for weeks on end...truly, you never know how your body will react to that until your in the middle of it. Which, these drugs by the way...namely the nightly progesterone in oil shot that Kurt gives me in my rear-end...they just aren't that bad. Will I be happy to be done? Of course! But, honestly, Denise & I really had ourselves worked up over these shots & the awful size of the needle...reading other peoples horror stories with them really freaked Denise out. She would always say "if there is one part of this I could take away and do for you Jill it would be these shots". Is it convenient? Well,no, is giving yourself a shot ever convenient?. Does it hurt? Yeah, kinda. Is it TERRIBLE? No, it just isn't. So, anyways~ I just wanted to share that.
I have always been a victim of morning sickness. With each pregnancy I would feel waves of nauseousness in the early morning hours, I would often throw up & then be done. BUT, what I am experiencing this time is so different! I have different names of the different levels of sickness I feel so that I can easily & quickly relay to Jeff & Denise how I am feeling. I will have full out puking (puking)...I will have gagging without puking (nauseous)...and I will have an uneasy feeling of queasiness that lingers for hours (queasy). THAT is different for me. The last few weeks I have been battling symptoms that hit me in the early afternoon...I would feel foggy headed, achy, headache...almost like I was starting to get "the flu". I would feel like my body was needing more hydration, but no matter how much water I drank...I just wouldn't feel improvement. WELL THEN it hit me~Gatorade! Bingo! So dear Jeff hit Sam's Club and stocked my garage with Gatorade and I have never felt better! I'm so excited about this I can hardly stand myself!!! Whatever those little electrolytes do, I likey! I know it upsets Denise & Jeff when I am so sick but honest to goodness~ I just don't care. I have, along with 5 healthy pregnancies had 2 pregnancies that ended in miscarriage. During those 2, I didn't feel sick. I knew something wasn't right. So sickness is just Gods little way of reassuring me that everything is OK. I'll take it, happily.
Speaking of "happily taking it". Something else I will happily take, at any given time? FOOD. Yep, food...lots and lots of it. I am having a real hard time quenching my hunger. I feel like I am constantly putting something in my mouth. Kurt thinks I need to call the doctor cuz he is certain that something is wrong with me!!! I will eat a meal, a full meal and within 2hrs I will be ready to eat again...like, another meal. Weird, huh? We went out for dinner with Denise & Jeff last night. Ate at a Mongolian restaurant and after that we went to the mall, maybe for an hour & a half or so. As we were walking out it hit me. Im hungry. Not "Im sorta munchy"...no, Im hungry~ I have hunger pains. Denise & Jeff insisted that we take care of that hunger immediately. I thought I could've waited till we got home but they insisted, so we headed to Champps and I downed a burger, fries & a malt~ that helped the hunger pains. When we got in the car Kurt was like~Um. Jill, you ate two dinners within 3 hrs of each other. I said~ It was just a burger and fries. To which he responded~ Yes Jill, a burger & fries IS a meal!!! Oh. OK. Well, I dont know what to say...
All I know is that food is my friend right now, Im sure this will pass...right?!
So all in all? I am feeling exactly how I thought I would feel...just amplified a bit! Happy to be pregnant. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment