Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

The blood tests

Ok so we were pretty confident going into Monday the 21st because of the home pregnancy tests...........by the way Jill took a total of 3 out of the 5 tests that I bought and we all enjoyed watching the line get darker and darker! Even though we new she was pregnant (and now throwing up in the mornings) it was still nerve racking because the hcg numbers from her blood work would tell us if it was a strong healthy pregnancy. Basically what I'm saying is that we were not out of the woods yet. Jill's appointment was at 10 am and we would get "the call" between 1 and 3pm! About 1:50 pm or so my phone rang..........the caller ID said Allina. The clinic!!!!!!! I answered like I had no idea what so ever that it was them and to my surprise it was Dawn, the nurse instead of Dr. Kunuk. Her tone was very pleasant and she went on to tell me that Jill's hcg level was 433. She said that was a very strong number and that she was very pleased. Let me back up to the day of the transfer and tell you that the nurse that day told us that when Dr. Kunuk called with the hcg results that he would also give us an educated guess based on the numbers if both of the embryos took. So I ask Dawn, what do the numbers tell you???? She says, "the numbers are VERY strong and I would guess that both embryos have implanted but we wont know for sure until the ultrasound in 3 weeks". OK..................You are dealing with 2 of the most impatient women on the face of this earth!!! Kunuk was supposed to tell us what he thought!!!!!! How can we wait 3 weeks! Dawn goes on to say that Jill will come in on Wed. (48 hours later) to repeat the test and we want to see her numbers double. She tells me congrats and says she is going to call Jill now and tell her. I called my sweet husband who was at work waiting for this call and I promise you when I say that I could hear his smile! It was a great day!

But like I said...............how can we wait 3 weeks?????? By this time Jill had called me and we were on a mission! Anything we could google on normal hcg levels 10 days post transfer. What did we find????? Yes indeed..........it did seem that her numbers were high for just one baby.

Fast forward 48 hours..............test number two. So if our numbers needed to double we wanted to see about an 860. Not my girl Jill...............she is an overachiever. She gave us a 1060!!!!! Again I ask Dawn............what do you think this means??????? " I think it means there is two" is what she says but.............you will have to wait until the ultrasound. About 5 minutes later my phone chimes with a text from Jill. It says " um........call me". We were FREAKING out!!!! How could our numbers be so high??? How many babies were in there??? What do you suppose we did next????? You guessed it! Google, here we come!!! And again..........high numbers for just one baby. However, I will say that we found other women's numbers to be all over the board. From what we read, it could very well be only one baby. So really we are going to try not to think about the "numbers". After all.......this child's father is 6'5'' and 230lbs. But then again........this child mother is close to being labeled a 'little person' coming in at only 5'1'' and 100 and something lbs!! So your guess is as good as ours! The ultrasound is scheduled for the perfect day! Jills birthday! We will celebrate the day God gave Jill to us all and the baby or babies that he have given us as well........all at once! How perfect!! Until then..........please say many prayers. 1st for my Jill. That she feel good and healthy. Of course for our little baby (ies) that health and strength remain. But most of all for peace in Gods will.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this AMAZING experience! I am so happy for all families involved. There is no greater gift than being a parent! I was glued to the posts last night! Congratulations to you both and I wish you the very best! God Bless!
    Joelle Jung

    ReplyDelete