Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

"Denise....I need you to turn the car around and come back"


Hi there....Its Denise this time. I will start where Jill left off.

Thursday Dec. 17th
Those are words that I can promise you are forever burned in my memory. Simple words really. "Denise, I need you to turn the car around and come back". For me however, life changing words because I knew just by the tone in her very first word why she wanted me to come back.............. For any of you that know the way Jill and I "roll" you know that we get our minds almost "fixated" on certain things. No joke. We can take a topic and spin it into about 15 separate and totally different conversations. I love her for it because anyone else would think I'm nuts for wanting to talk about the same thing over and over and over and over and over.......you see where I'm going with this. But not my Jill. She plays right along with me. I think that's one of the reasons we fit together so well. And let me assure you....if someone other than you is going to carry your baby, you REALLY need this type of "fit". I would come to find this out for myself even more than I knew. So back to the story........A couple of days leading up to the 17th, Jill was feeling "symptoms". She told me about them and we turned and twisted the topic until there was nothing left to twist! Bottom line that we concluded is that because the embryos where 5 days old already at the time of transfer maybe she really could be feeling pregnant. I had an appointment that day with my OBGYN and I told Jill I would ask her if the meds she was taking could cause her to get a false positive on a home pregnancy test. Oh........I forgot to mention that that is what we talked about all morning. Should we or shouldn't we go and get a test??? So, I asked my doc and she smiled and told me that there was NOTHING that Jill was taking that would trigger a home test except for a baby in her tummy! My aunt Janice drove me to my appointment and when we were done I called Jill as I was walking out of the appt. (as instructed by Jill) to tell her what the doc said. Janice just happened to want a coffee from caribou which just happens to be right across from Walgreen's. I called Jill again and asked her if I should go and buy a test. She said yes and as luck would have it, it was cheaper to buy either a double pack or a triple pack of tests. (first response early detection pregnancy test for any of you who rely on google as much as Jill and I do) At this point, we had 5 days until the blood test so naturally I got one double pack and one triple pack so we would have one for everyday until the blood test. Again.....that's the way Jill and I fit. She saw nothing strange about the fact that I bought 5 tests! So off Janice and I go to Jill's. I called Jill on the way and told her that I couldn't stay and as we talked we figured that if she was indeed pregnant we should get a positive by Saturday or Sunday. We pulled into her driveway and I ran to the door. When she got there, she was smiling and I said "whats that smile for?" She said she needed to pee right now and I said "good, take a test so we have a starting place". I gave her a hug and drove off with Janice.

Now I hate to do this but real quick I want to share with you my "version" of the days leading up to this.............on the transfer day we picked Jill and Kurt up just like she said and we went and had breakfast. Jill was right, we were bugging the crap out of her with all of our talking! But for me, it was all I could do from not having a complete emotional meltdown!!! Cuz like Jill said........did we know what the H-E-L-L we were about to do?????? Did I???? Did Jeff??? for me, its different. I HAVE carried a baby before. I DO know what I'm going to miss out on. I DO know what Jill is about to do for Jeff and I. We finished eating and off we went. To knock my bff up with my baby! Jill and I have always been a perfect fit before this but this was a whole new fit we were talking about now! Jill did a great job of describing the morning but I want to touch on one part. "the hug". Before Jill hopped up onto the table, I said "let me give you a hug". Let me tell you all......I have given lots of hugs in my lifetime. But never once, not even on my wedding day did a hug say that much to me. I was hugging of course my very best friend, but also the woman that God himself had placed into my life to CARRY MY CHILD FOR ME!!!! Did you all read that right??????? Can you imagine what that hug felt like?????? At that moment, I wanted to fall apart and cry like a 2 year old but..........the 2 nurses in the room broke the "mood" when they smiled and said, "so how do you two know each other? From an agency?" "No, we are very best friends and have known each other for the better part of 15 years" Let me tell you all something......a friend like that WILL NOT come along more than once in your life time. Whether she is going to carry your baby or carry your spirit when your down, make sure she knows how much you love her! Jill wanted me to mention the procedure room. VERY weird. Almost like we were on CSI or something. The embryos did come into the room threw a "window" and Jill was right, they where in what looked like a skinny tube. CRAZY, CRAZY! It took 5 minutes. That's it...............and it was done.

So Janice and I "drove off". I would guess we were about 7 minutes away when my cell phone rang. I said hello and Jill got my name out and I knew. I let her finish her sentence......."I need you to turn the car around and come back". But I didn't need to ask why. I know her well enough that when she said "Denise" I knew. I knew the test was positive. She said there was a faint second line and with that Janice whipped a big old shitty on cty rd. 21 and back to Jill's we drove. "thank you Jesus, Jeff is going to be a daddy" was all I could think. We flew into the door and there she was with the test! And yes, it was faint..........but it was also positive! My bff was carrying my baby. Like little girls, Jill and I hugged but this time, we were jumping up and down. No tears, just complete excitement! About 5 minutes later Kurt came home and together, he, Jill, me and Janice stared at the test and smiled. We devised a plan to tell Jeff together that night and I was off again! This time with the knowledge that I was having a baby.
Jill and Kurt came over that night and in a very cute way we shared the news with my husband Jeff. You could tell he was very happy but also very cautious. He needed the blood work for it to be completely real. I will say this though...........before going to bed that night, I found my sweet husband all by himself, laying on our bed staring at the ceiling with his hand on his forehead..............smiling from ear to ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment