Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Egg retrieval and the NUMBERS............



Hi guys....its Denise...... Real quick I will talk about the day my eggs were retrieved!!! I was kinda nervous because of the unknown but all in all it went very well! I took a nice little nap and then it was over.......that simple! Off we would go to wait for the news on "how many little Jeff and Denise's" we had growing in our "love dish"!! I'm gonna let Jill finish the rest..........................................................So, today was pretty exciting. I got a phone call from Denise giving me an update on hers and Jeff's sweet little embryos! On Monday when her eggs were "retrieved", they got 18 of them...BIG number! 13 of those eggs were optimal for fertilizing...so they did just that...let them sit for about 48hrs and then determined that out of those 13 there are 8 that are developing in a way that is pleasing to the docs. 8! That's a great number! The next update will be Friday...I don't think they will give an update on the development of the embryos but they will give us an exact time for our transfer on Saturday.
Kurt has been giving me my shots in the...rear, for the last 4 nights now. He's doing a good job...he hates needles and has a fear that the 3inch needle he is "stabbing" me with is gonna hit bone or something! But really, I think he is finding it a bit easier every night. I'm very proud of him!
Jeff and Denise have brought Jeff sister, Patty, up here to MN from FL (HA! from 85 and sunny to blizzard conditions!...I know...that's not funny, I'm so, so sorry!) Anyways, she is an acupuncturist and will be doing 2 treatments on me before the "transfer" (and I think a couple following the "transfer" as well). Evidently, it is suppose to...help with the invitro process being successful. Never had acupuncture before...should be interesting! This may help with my chronic headaches too...oh, wouldn't that be a gift! Yes. yes, it would be!!!
Its 12:30 in the morning...what the heck am I doing up???? I am not a late night person! By nature I am the kind of person who has a hard time "turning my mind off"...and I'm finding lately that my mind is in overdrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment