Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting closer...

Wow, does time fly or what?! I mean, yeah...this time of the year always does seem to move at a quicker pace but it's almost moving too quickly this year. I wish I could slow time down...just a titch. This is such a "once in a lifetime experience"...well, not even once in a lifetime....more like---"once in a lifetime experience for...4% of the population". I actually have no idea of the percentage of people that are blessed enough to have the chance to carry their best friends baby but it cant be very high (can it?). I'm sure being a surrogate in general is a decent percentage, but a surrogate for your best friend??? I feel very blessed at the opportunity. Anyways, it's all coming so quickly I'm afraid I'm not doing a good job of "soaking in the experience". So, I decided to blog tonight! I'm not even a blogger!!!
Denise has been to the fertility clinic twice this week to check "her levels" & do an egg count...as of Wed she had 16 eggs that, size-wise, fell within the docs criteria. They had her tweak some of her meds for today...in an attempt, I believe, to get her estrogen exactly where they need it. She goes back tomorrow for another blood draw & ultrasound. Tomorrow afternoon she will get a phone call from the clinic telling her to either come back a day later for a repeat check OR possibly will tell her to take her HCG shot tomorrow night, which means her eggs will be retrieved 36hrs after that shot (Sunday morning). We'll see. I have been, since Sat. in a "holding pattern". I was precisely where the docs needed me, as far as "levels" (blood/hormones) & the thickness of my uterus is now optimal for an embryo transfer. So for the past 6 days I have simply kept on my same pill-popping routine & am waiting for the clinics instructions to begin the progesterone sesame oil shot in the tush. As soon as that happens we've only got 6 days (or so) till "transfer"! Wow! We've talked about this for so long, I cant believe we are this close...
I pray that Gods Will will be done amidst all this science...I believe it will be.
Denise and I have such a long, drama filled history regarding our friendship...this just doesn't feel weird, not even the slightest bit. Oh, that's a long story...not for this night of blogging, another time...another time.
One realization slapped me upside my face tonight...not everyone is happy about this happening...me carrying my friends baby I mean. That's fine, I don't need peoples "nod of approval" & I'm certainly not looking for a pat on the back. I know that God is leading me forward in this...He has been since the beginning...that's all I NEED. BUT, nonetheless...my heart was "stung" tonight as I realized that someone who is SUPPOSE to be my friend cannot find it within herself to be happy for me or this situation in general. She doesn't know Denise personally, she only knows my side of this "story". Visibly...she is VISIBLY not pleased about this...she cannot find one nice word to say about it, so she says nothing, when the topic is broached she simply walks away. I do not understand. Guess I'm just not wired that way. I suppose this where I'll be able to weed out my "conditional friends" from my TRUE friends. I'm OK with that.

2 comments:

  1. Coming from a person who knows the two of you, both past and present,No one would need an explanation of the whats and whys of this beautiful gift!!Anyone who questions this and has nothing good to say about it obviously does not know the unusual great closeness the two of you have and the spiritual guidance you feel leading both of you!!God blessed many people with this~Your true friend in complete support~Denell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings for all of you! May the presence of the Holy Spirit guide you through this amazing journey together!! Love and blessings to you both, Molly

    ReplyDelete