Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

What does a best friend look like?

Hi guys! Its Denise. Jill and I thought it would be neat to blog together to better share our experience. I would like to first explain how we got to this place........

What does a best friend look like??? Let me tell you..........a best friend looks like a man who asked me to marry him even though there were things he would be giving up with me being his wife. Jeff loves children and has always wanted to have children of his own. The day he got down on his knees and asked me to marry him, he knew that having his own children would most likely never happen. A best friend looks like someone who loved me more than something he has always wanted, but was willing to give it up to have me as his wife. My husband is my best friend.

Rewind a little bit and let me also show you what a best friend looks like, but in a different light. A girl who was so much a part of my everyday life for so long and then "just like that" was gone because of "complicated" reasons. Nothing I want to share in this happy post. My heart was forever bruised. A piece of me gone. "just like that" So many life experiences went on without this girl that I loved so much. And then "just like that" I walked into a little store and there she was. A quick hug and a "call me" has lead to this very moment. Me sitting at my computer telling you all what a best friend looks like. Jill has always known that Jeff and I would not be able to have children of our own. It was something that always made her sad as she knows the joys of "lifes second chances" with Kurt and wanted that for Jeff and I. So...............to end my blog for tonight. A best friend is someone who knows your heart as well as she knows her own, its joys but also its hurts. She wants for you only the very best and wants to help you achieve it. So she gives a gift of herself so precious as to allow Jeff and I to place our baby in her belly, her trust, and forever in her heart. This is what a friendship connected at your soul looks like and I thank God everyday that he has blessed me with this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment